Position: Senior Hardware Engineer
Associates in this position lead and contribute designs to teams that develop embedded hardware to support the research, development, and testing of aerospace component and systems.
- Location: Troxel Aerospace’s Wyoming Office
- Telecommuting Available: Yes
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Requirement: Variable based on assigned project. All associates must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Travel: 10% to 50% of time per month dependent on the project.
- Develop new hardware and expand existing hardware designs per project requirements in a process-oriented development environment for embedded, resource-constrained systems
- Work with hardware requirements and architecture, prototyping, design, implementation, integration, test, and delivery of hardware which will implement complex data analysis, data routing, and/or controls system designs in resource constrained target environments
- Demonstrate familiarity with various hardware components and systems, and have a fluent understanding of their design and test using HDLs, PCB design flows, SPICE, and other related tools
- Work with FPGAs and/or ASICs, their related circuitry, and their associated host/development environments and tools
- Follow industry and company best practices and style guides for development, debugging, testing, commenting, and version control of HDL, schematics, and circuit diagrams
- Focus on developing hardware designs that are comprehensible and as error-free as possible
- Develop test code to ensure correctness of modules and their integration to the larger system through regression testing
- Adequately comment, document, and follow version control policies for developed designs and code
- Demonstrate excellent communication ability, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of associates, customers, and suppliers including supporting bid and proposal efforts
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels
- Thrive in lab and radiation test facility environments and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, software designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Lead development teams while also providing substantial contributions to all stages of the development process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 10 years of related hardware engineering experience
- Experience with FPGA and memory design, development, and test languages, tool, and environments
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active in-scope Top Secret clearance
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 8 years of hardware engineering experience
- Knowledgeable in FPGA design, electronic component characterization, PCB design, assembly, and test, and software coding/scripting to support analysis and test of components