Position: Senior Radiation Test Engineer
Associates in this position lead radiation test efforts by employing knowledge of radiation effects and their interactions in electronic devices and materials. This associate will develop and debug complex test designs, perform radiation tests on complex devices, support analysis of the test data to assess compliance to specifications and requirements, and support the development of test reports.
- Location: Troxel Aerospace’s Wyoming Office
- Telecommuting Available: Yes
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Requirement: Variable based on assigned project. All associates must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Travel: 10% to 50% of time per month dependent on the project.
- Evaluate EEE components against radiation requirements
- Develop test requirements for radiation testing of EEE components and materials
- Plan and execute TID, ELDRS, DDD, prompt dose, and SEE testing efforts
- Develop custom test setups and associated software for data collection and analysis
- Document test plans, test results, and analyses
- Follow industry and company best practices and style guides for development, debugging, testing, commenting, and version control of test setup hardware and software
- Develop test code to ensure correctness of modules and their integration to the larger system through regression testing
- Adequately comment, document, and follow version control policies for developed designs and code
- Demonstrate excellent communication ability, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of associates, customers, and suppliers including supporting bid and proposal efforts
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels
- Thrive in lab and radiation test facility environments and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, software designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Lead development teams while also providing substantial contributions to all stages of the development process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited university and 10 years of related radiation test experience
- Familiarity with EEE parts and experience with test plan and report generation
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active in-scope Top Secret clearance
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline and at least 8 years of related radiation test experience
- Familiarity with EEE parts and experience with test plan and report generation and experience with radiation testing methods and facilities
- Currently holds an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance