Position: Senior Software Engineer
Associates in this position lead and contribute code to teams that develop embedded software to support the research, development, and testing of aerospace processor systems.
- Location: Troxel Aerospace’s Wyoming Office
- Telecommuting Available: Yes
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Requirement: Variable based on assigned project. All associates must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Travel: 10% to 50% of time per month dependent on the project.
- Develop new software and expand existing software per project requirements in a process-oriented software development environment for embedded, resource-constrained systems
- Work with software requirements and architecture, prototyping, design, implementation, integration, test, and delivery of software which will implement complex data analysis, data routing, and/or controls systems algorithms in resource constrained target environments
- Demonstrate familiarity with various processor, memory, and I/O architectures, and have a fluent understanding of procedural, object-oriented software, scripting languages, and machine code and assembly programming
- Work with real-time operating systems (e.g. VxWorks , Integrity, Linux) and hypervisors for multi-core processors, and their associated host/development environments and tools
- Follow industry and company best practices and style guides for development, debugging, testing, commenting, and version control
- Focus on developing software that is comprehensible and as error-free as possible
- Develop test code to ensure correctness of modules and their integration to the larger system through regression testing
- Adequately comment, document, and follow version control policies for developed code
- Demonstrate excellent communication ability, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of associates, customers, and suppliers including supporting bid and proposal efforts
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels
- Thrive in lab and radiation test facility environments and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Lead development teams while also providing substantial contributions to all stages of the development process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering and a least 10 years of software engineering experience
- Experience with real-time embedded software development using C, C++, and Python
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active in-scope Top Secret clearance
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering and at least 8 years of directly applicable software engineering experience
- Knowledgeable in high assurance software, flight critical software, CMMI, hardware/software interfaces, programming of embedded processor utilizing a Real Time Operating System (RTOS), real-time and post processing data analytics, object oriented programming, multi-core/multi-threaded processors, hypervisor development, compiler internals development
- Currently holds an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance